Friday, November 4, 2011

This week on the Farm.

 Heating our home as been an eye opening experience in the pocket book. We decided to install a wood stove.  Which in itself has been another eye opening experience. We have to remove a light, install a ceiling fan,  install a hearth and then get the stove installed.  Here is step one. We had the slate imbedded in the wood floor.  I love it!!!

Laying out the slate


Drawing out the design on the floor

 You have to have 16'' in front the of wood stove for sparkes. That is the longest part of the slate.



 Did I mention that we love it!
                       The other exciting thing that happened this week is we got our meat chickens. 






Mia loves the chickens. She so wants them to jump out so she can heard them. We had to put a grid over the top. She was reaching in and gently pulling them out and letting them go so she could chase them around the house.  Very funny to watch but I hate chicken poop.

 We will be harvesting the turkeys this weekend. These guys are getting to big to walk. Next year we will go with a heritage breed.


1 comment:

  1. Kelly--
    Weird random farmgirl blog jumping led me to your blog. Took me a minute to realize I KNOW THESE PEOPLE!! :-) If you raise turkeys again this year, I would looooove to buy one. Check out my blog--scratchinandpeckin.blogspot.com Keep bloggin' girl!! Maybe I'll see ya around town this summer.
    Meagan

    ReplyDelete