Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Hay loft....exciting stuff

  When we started look at building a barn, I had no idea the cost. When we got done with our Barn tour I was in shock at the cost.. Long story short, my Husband help design the current 3 barns we have on our property with the help of Penny Pincher barns . The barns on P.P web site are our barns,  The one down side is there is no hay storage.  After months of thinking about it I came across this idea in the Mary Jane Farm Magazine.  We decided this would be a perfect solution for our hay storage problem.

This is a Costco "carport". We bought this to use as our hay storage. It didn't work. The horses could walk right through the walls.


Hubby laid down pressure treated lumber and attached pallets to them for the walls. I don't think the horses will be able to walk through now!




Yes, your eyes aren't playing tricks on you. There is a poster of Aplol Ohno in the hay barn!






We used an old door from our cabin. It was really heavy so we took the glass out and had the kids paint pictures on light plywood.





            
  


Almost done.



Our first load of hay


 All done. Doesn't look great!  Horses, bring it on! 


4 comments:

  1. I have one of these carport for hay storage but I love the idea of the solid front wall. How did you attach the front wall to the carport frame?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see the pictures. Any idea why they didn't load?

    ReplyDelete